May 22, 2006

Other Nasty Things I've Almost Eaten or Have Eaten

If you caught my mulch post below (how I mistook it for a chocolate chunk), here are some more gross moments in my history of eating:

~ I opened up a can of spaghettios and found a stick inside of it as tall as the can.

~ I was eating a bowl of Captain Crunch (okay, all of these happened when I was much younger...as you can tell by my food choices!), and felt something slimy in my mouth. I pulled it out and it was a piece of fish skin, all silvery. I'm almost gagging now just remembering it.

~ There was a roach on our pizza that my mom almost mistook for an anchovie. The place offered us another pizza to replace that one, but we were too sick to our stomachs to eat after that, and we wouldn't have trusted them again, anyhow.

~ I bit into an eclair at my grandma's house and it must've been twelve-years-old because the cream tasted like dog crap (not that I would know what that tastes like!). I can still taste it to this day when I think about it. I don't know how I didn't puke.

~ My husband was eating Chinese food (I know this isn't my story, but it just now popped into my head), and found an industrial-sized staple in it.

So, tell me. Can anyone top those stories?

5 comments:

Helen said...

Well, I have an unfair advantage working in restaurants for so many years but the best is a customer once found a cigar butt in his Sunday brunch Omlette!
Peace..............

ablondeblogger said...

Oh gross!!!!!!! That IS bad!!!!

The Flip Flop Mamma! said...

No, I can't top those, but I know a lady who this happens to a lot, and she writes the company letters, and always get free stuff or $$!

Chase said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

The Cap'n Crunch thing made my stomach turn! It's STILL turning! AAAACK! hahahahaha!!

The only bad ones I've had : when I was about 13, my parents were making me eat hominy (which I HATE HATE HATE anyway) and was about to take a big bite when I saw a HUGE beetle head in it. They threw away the head, but made me eat the rest anyway. *cry*

And then...a few years ago when I lived alone, I went and grabbed the milk carton and decided to drink right out of it (which I NEVER do) and got a big chunk of old milk in my mouth. I instantly threw up - and I NEVER did that again. HAHAHAH!!

My stomach hurts now. And this is probably the longest comment in the universe!!

ablondeblogger said...

~Flip, all I got were stupid coupons for more of the stuff. Like I'd ever want to eat what they make again!

~Oh my gosh, Chase, I am ROFLMAO!!!! Your parents were AWFUL to make you eat it after the beetle head was in it....oh my gosh!!!