Jul 14, 2006

Turning the Tables

My husband kept getting calls at his office from an unknown, out-of-state phone number. He never answered, but the calls persisted.

So, he googled the phone number and found out it was a time-share business that was notorious for harrassing people trying to sell them a timeshare. The next time they called, he answered and the conversation went something like this:

Rob (in a thick, Italian New Yorker accent): "Joe's Time Shares. How may I be of service to you?"

Telemarketer: (explains what she's selling...time shares in Orlando)

Rob: "Hey! It looks like we're in competing businesses! I've got some time shares in Orlando, too!"

Telemarketer: "Yes, how about that? Anyway....(she goes on trying to sell him one)"

Rob: "No, I don't have a need for anymore time shares, but how 'bout you? Would you like a time share? We've got some really nice ones."

Telemarketer: "Well...I don't really have the money...."


He then has HER on the defensive, making excuses and wanting to hang up. Typing the story SO does not do it justice, because his accent is hilarious!

And yes, I used to be a telemarketer, but I still think they're annoying. :)

No comments: