Aug 17, 2008

There Goes My Life...

Note: Be sure to scroll down one post if you missed Matthew's birthday. I usually let a post like that sit for a couple of days, but I definitely had to put this up for Amanda

Today, Amanda heads for her new life at college. But it feels like just yesterday that she was born...



Just yesterday that I pinched those adorable cheeks...



Just yesterday that she had her first birthday cake...



Just yesterday when she still fit into her daddy's arms:



Just yesterday when she went through the tween stage:



Just yesterday when she thought thumbs up was the coolest thing you could do:



Yesterday went by so fast...



And now she's ready to spread her wings and fly...



Out of all the posts I've ever written, this is one of the most meaningful ones to me. So I ask you to indulge me a bit and share two songs with me that mean so very much at this time.

We'll never forget to remember you, Amanda....



(we really will be loading a Chevy today as we pack her up...weird....and I wish I could've made my own video with pictures of Amanda to the lyrics but I don't know how).

I couldn't find an embed code for the second song. So I couldn't post it here. But it would mean SO very much to me if you could click here and watch this video too. So much. It's incredibly moving. I promise you won't be disappointed.

That video could be our life story. It's eerily accurate since Rob and I were so young when we had Amanda. We were told we ruined our lives, that our future was over.

This video explains perfectly what it was like at that time and what it's like for us today as we send her off to college. One of the hardest days of my entire life.

"There goes our life. There goes our future, our everything. We love you. Goodbye."

10 comments:

whall said...

Sweet....

BlondeBlogger said...

~Whall- Thanks. :)

John D. said...

Awww. How sweet. : )

I've never experienced this day but I know as her Mom & Dad, this is indeed a sad day for you, but I hope, more accurately, it's a bittersweet day. She's only a couple of hours away, and she's on the threshold of probably four of the BEST, most memorable years of her life. You'll share in that JOY too. : )

Glynis Peters said...

It will be ok and the pain will go, usually as the first bag of washing walks itself through the door! I did this 3x each time felt like a bereavement when I walked in the room they left wrecked behind, but I was a lucky one, I got to see mine again. I know you will be ok, just have loads of comfort foods etc for a while. Thinking of you. Oh nice to meet you by the way

sybil law said...

Awwww....
*sniff sniff*
:D
xoxo

Pamela said...

lovely tribute... love that chesney song already. That just put it up there at the top.

Anonymous said...

You'll get through it even though I know it is going to be tough for you... but don't worry, she'll be home in 4 years living in your house again after she gets out of college ;)

(((HUGS)))

Don't cry too much :)

Letera said...

I am so sorry and happy for you. You did your job as a mom and this is what she is suppose to do. So my hats off to you. You get Mother of the year award!

BlondeBlogger said...

~John- Good points...and yes, it's very bittersweet. Things have been so hectic that it hasn't been able to sink in completely and that's probably a good thing. But every now and then, the finality of it hits me and that's really hard. :(

~Glynis- So nice to meet you too! Thanks for stopping by! Yeah, me and food definitely have a love affair that I'm trying to end, lol. It knows when I'm vulnerable and then preys on me...stupid food. I'm doing better this week with it. I have to be the one in control in our relationship or it sucks...*grin*

~Sybil- Thanks, girlie! ((((HUGS))))

~Pamela- Thanks! Yeah, when I first saw that video and heard the lyrics I was blown away. So fitting....eerily so.

~Erin- I'll be lucky if she graces us with her presence in the summer and holidays, lol. Thanks for the hugs and encouragement! ((((HUGS))))

~Letera- Awww, how sweet are you? It doesn't always feel that way so I appreciate you saying that!

Poppy said...

Awwww, proud Mom!

Good luck, Amanda!!!