Mar 31, 2012

Blue October at Rams Head Live, April 1, 2012


Before heading to Orlando on Monday morning, we'll be traveling to Baltimore to see our favorite band, Blue October, at Rams Head Live (April 1, 8 p.m.). Lead singer Justin Furstenfeld will open with a solo performance, which we are extra psyched to see!

You may know Blue October from hits like "Into the Ocean."



But Matt and I love ALL of their songs and we play their albums whenever we can, especially on long car rides. Here's one of our favorites, currently on the set list for their "Any Man In America" 2012 tour:



The tour name comes from Blue October's latest album and if you haven't heard it yet, I urge you to go buy it! The cover is a photo that Furstenfeld's little girl drew for him:



And the album is all about his bitter divorce and his fight for his rights as a father, something that Matt can unfortunately relate to. The songs on that album always bring tears to our eyes, no matter how many times we listen.

We had the privilege of seeing Blue October's AMIA tour live last fall, so this will be our second time watching (we'd go to all of the shows if we could). Never have I cried at a concert before. I did at that one. And I have no doubt I will do so again this Sunday.

Here's a video I found on YouTube from the show we saw last October at The Fillmore in Silver Spring, MD:



That song is called "For the Love," and it's all about why Justin performs. Listen to the lyrics. If that's not pure, raw emotion, I don't know what is. If you are not moved to your core at a Blue October show, you are not human!!

I'll be sure to live tweet and twitpic from the show so be sure to tune in to my Twitter feed April 1 at 8 p.m. EST!

1 comment:

Dan said...

Hey BlondeBlogger,
Great site! Keep it up,

Let us know if you ever feel like doing a guest post. We're always looking for new writers.
www.thisboundlessworld.com

Thanks!
D